Lodging, Inns, Bed & BreakfastsBed & Breakfasts
Blue Rose Bed and Breakfast features beautiful Eastlake fireplaces, original chestnut woodwork, and three unique guest bedchambers, all with newly renovated private ensuite baths and Victorian antiques.
Our 1894 Queen Anne Victorian was built as a wedding present for Frank Eastwood and Mary Frances Seymour Van Dorn. The Van Dorn and Seymour families were very highly respected and influential business people. The Van Dorn’s were in the business of banking and insurance.
The Seymour family can be traced back to England in the 1600s. Many members of the family were activists, lawyers, and politicians. Women’s rights activist, Mary Catherine Seymour Howell, was the aunt of the original homeowner and was born in Mount Morris. Horatio Seymour, son of Henry and Molly Seymour, ran for the US Presidency in 1868 against Ulysses S. Grant after serving twice as the Governor of New York.
The house was built by Peter Axe, a local architect who built four Victorian homes in Mount Morris in the 1890s. It was the first house in Mount Morris to add electricity and was well-known for its third-floor ballroom, host to many Victorian parties.
- Minutes from Letchworth State Park, America's No. 1 State Park
- Three unique guest bedchambers with newly renovated private ensuite baths
- Nearby Finger Lakes, antique shopping, romantic getaways, and staycations
- Delicious three-course breakfast featuring fresh local produce
- Beautiful Victorian gardens surrounded by brick walkways and courtyard patio